UPDATE 2: Some more new info at Massively
For uncounted centuries, the Dwarfs and greenskins have been the most bitter of rivals. Now that the Slayer and the Choppa are set to join the armies of Order and Destruction, old grudges will be answered and ancient enmities will be given new breath. Though the outcome of the war still hangs in the balance, one thing is certain: the battle for the Warhammer world is about to become deadlier than ever!
Once the Bitter Rivals live event begins this March, take part in daily challenges to earn a head start in the two awesome new careers.
This exciting news and more is described in detail in this month’s Newsletter, but here’s a sneak peek of what’s to come:
They also announced three new live events to bring in the new classes. This is excellent!
UPDATE: Link to Press Release
They are calling this a Live expansion. They are also introducing a new dungeon zone. This is like a WoW paid expansion.
Call to Arms Live Expansion Schedule
- ‘Call to Arms: Bitter Rivals’ Live Event (March): Successful completion allows head start access to the new Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer careers. The event will also include the new Chaos-themed RvR Scenario, Twisting Tower.
- Two New Careers Join WAR (March): The Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer answer the Call to Arms.
- ‘Call to Arms: Beyond the Sands’ Live Event (April): Details to be revealed soon!
- ‘Call to Arms: Rise of the Tomb Kings’ Live Event (May): The race between Order and Destruction players begins to unlock the Land of the Dead for their Realm.
- ‘Land of the Dead’ Opens (June): The deserts of Nehekhara open to players with the addition of a new RvR-gated dungeon zone. To gain access to the Land of the Dead, opposing Realms must battle for control of the zone to access dozens of new Public Quests, instanced lairs, and a massive new Tomb Kings dungeon to plunder in search of the Casket of Souls.